Japanese Commercials

I really love watching Japanese commercials. For last week's listening activity, I also watched Japanese commercials and it was really interesting to compare Japanese commercials to American ones. I personally think that Japanese commercials are really highly produced but also much more creative than American commercials are. A lot of them are really fast, colorful, and funny which makes it very enjoyable to watch them. There were a lot of food, beauty, and clothing commercials which is also common with American commercials. I think watching Japanese commercials is most useful for acquiring cultural knowledge for me personally. I do not have any interaction with Japanese popular culture because I do not watch anime, read manga, and have never been to Japan before. I know very little when it comes to Japanese culture, and I would like to learn more to supplement my language learning. I think watching Japanese commercials is a really easy way to pick up on more cultural knowledge, specifically material culture as it represents popular clothing, brands, food/restaurants, etc. for Japanese people. Additionally, it has become easier to recognize words within commercials with the more vocabulary I have acquired from intermediate Japanese.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2/24書く宿題