What materials did you listen to? (names of materials)
I listened to a couple of her songs: including Dearest, Days, Rule, Marionette, M, etc. 
  Post images related to the material you heard. 
The picture on the right is the musician that I listened to: Ayumi Hamasaki!
  How long are they? I listened to a couple of her songs, 
The songs are typically 4 to 5 minutes long!
  How many minutes / hours did you listen to in total? 
I listened to about 25 minutes of songs, so around 5-6 songs of hers!
  Summary of the contents
I listened to the some of the songs of Ayumi Hamasaki, a Japanese singer and songwriter! One song that I really enjoyed of hers was Dearest, which was slower and more mellow. A lot of her songs are like that, including M (浜崎あゆみ). She has a lot of interesting music videos as well, some of them with cool editing effects!
  Your impressions about the materials and the listening activity
I think it is interesting to listen to Japanese in different context, i.e. interact with materials that are not strictly meant for Japanese learning because they are more authentic and can reveal some facets of the culture and language that are not necessarily apparent through language classes. I really like the listening activities, especially when I make them materials that I would be interacting with regularly in English or as part of my everyday, like music listening. I think exposing myself to Japanese in all different types of places and ways can only benefit my language learning, because it can help with my listening skills, for example, by listening to Japanese music. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2/24書く宿題