きくしゅくだい

I listened to the Best of Japanese Songs! I really like to listen to songs when I am relaxing in my dorm or doing some light homework, especially Japanese homework. So I thought it would be interesting to play Japanese music. It was really interesting to see the different range/style of music that was popular over time in Japan. So many of the songs were different in their tone, speed of Japanese, and using "Japanglish." I really enjoyed listening to the songs, and a lot of them weren't too hard to follow in some respect.

I am definitely acquiring cultural knowledge through music! A lot of casual conversation and social/societal interest can be understood through a country's music. And I starting to recognize more and more Japanese within the songs I listen to. I remember one of the songs started of singing about how the wind was blowing and it was a dark night, and I was really pleased to find out that I could understand what they're saying. I think that more recognition will occur with the greater vocabulary I acquire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2/24書く宿題