きく宿題

I listened to this music on my way back from Chicago on the train. I listened to an almost two-hour long compilation of romantic Japanese music. I really liked doing it, because I recognized the ballad-like composition of the music which is really popular in American/Western music - so it made it really easy to listen to. Additionally, I like that ballad song usually are slowly with words more enunciated clearly because it makes it really easier to follow the Japanese. I found that I could make out the sounds and sentences of most of the lyrics, even if I didn't know exactly what they meant.

I think what is really interesting about listening to different types of music from other cultures is the different vocab that is used in different genres and eras of songs. The vocabulary can vary due to the time and the genre of the song really greatly. As in a sad song will use the same grammar as the a love song, but the vocab words it uses will be different. I know that if I look up the words in a Japanese dictionary like jisho.com I feel like I would be able to expand my vocabulary more quickly through listening exercises like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2/24書く宿題