I Watched a Netflix Original Series

One of my favorite Netflix shows is Qu**r Eye. Over the weekend, Qu**r Eye: We're in Japan was released. There were many Japanese talking segments in the show where the contestants and the Japanese translator would be shown speaking native Japanese. If you turned on subtitles, it would write out what is was saying in English or Japan. I tried it with both for a while. I really enjoyed this show because the segments where the contestants would speak Japanese was really interesting. I got to hear so many different kinds of dialects and Japanese voices, where some people spoke more slowly or more, more high-pitched and low. I got to see a blend of casual and formal speech as the people in the show were introduced to each other, and how that became more casual overtime. Sometimes, I could really understand what was being said between two people without any subtitles when I just closed my eyes. But sometimes it was much harder to follow, and I realize that is because I have not learned certain grammar and vocabulary yet. But I did recognize and understand a lot more than I was expecting. As I have said, I did see that I began to pick on up a lot more Japanese than I thought I was able to. A lot of phrases I would go back and listen to over and over again to see what they were saying, and I would realize on the third try that they were asking for advice or using the form of "tari, tari." It was really gratifying to see how much I could recognize. There was also a lot of cultural learning since the show centered deeply around four different people's lives. I got to see what different Japanese houses and families are like, what kind of food they eat, how they dress, etc. It was really fascinating to pick up on the similarities and differences around Japan as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2/24書く宿題