3/2 聞く宿題

3/2 聞く宿題

I learned about this cultural practice called first chore where some Japanese kids go out into the community to do a chore like go to the store. I am not super knowledgeable about the practice and reasoning for this chore, so I am became really interested and searched it up on youtube. I found this video on it and similar ones and watched them for around 15 minutes. I think it was really interesting and cute to watch the little girl go around and do chores like drop something off at the mailbox or go grocery shopping. It wasn't too hard to understand the Japanese in this video because most of it was being spoken by a child so it was more basic japanese. The times it was hard to understand the Japanese is when it was being spoken by the narrator who spoke a lot faster, or when there were specific vocabulary words like the word "grapes" that I did not understand. But overall, I really enjoyed watching the video. I think the point of this video for mw as being able to acquire more cultural knowledge as this was a cultural practice that is significantly different than an American one. It was also interesting to see how people live their lives daily in Japan, how parents talk and interact with their children, and so on and so forth. I think this was also really nice to hear words and phrases in conversational Japanese, which I struggle with a lot more, and I was still able to recognize them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2/24書く宿題